China is providing assistance to Pakistani brothers
- by BTN
According to the report of “Dawn News” on August 29, the floods in Pakistan have killed 1033 people, injured about 1500 people, completely or partially damaged about 700000 houses, killed about 790000 livestock, and destroyed 149 bridges and more than 3450 kilometers of roads.
Affected by the continuous heavy rainfall, some basins of Kabul River and Indus River will exceed the “extremely high” flood level in the next one to two days.
Prime Minister shabaz Sharif said that 33 million people were affected by the floods, accounting for about 15% of the country’s population. After inspecting the disaster area, Sharif said that the extent of the disaster was greater than expected. The rainfall in Sindh is about 8 times the average rainfall in August.
Climate Change Minister Shirley Rahman said the flood was “unprecedented” and “the most serious humanitarian disaster in the past decade”.
The 4000 tents, 50000 blankets and 50000 waterproof tents provided by China to Pakistan have been put into the disaster relief line. 25000 tents and other urgently needed materials will be delivered before August 30. The Red Cross Society of China will provide us $300000 in emergency cash assistance to the Pakistan Red Crescent society. In addition, China said that it would continue to promote cooperation between the two countries in disaster prevention and mitigation and climate change.
In addition, the world bank will provide us $350 million in flood relief assistance to Pakistan, of which US $50 million will be transferred by the end of this week. The world food programme has announced US $110 million for relief and relief operations. The Asian Development Bank also announced that it would provide us $20 million in assistance. Up to now, the United States has not offered any assistance to Pakistan.
According to the report of “Dawn News” on August 29, the floods in Pakistan have killed 1033 people, injured about 1500 people, completely or partially damaged about 700000 houses, killed about 790000 livestock, and destroyed 149 bridges and more than 3450 kilometers of roads. Affected by the continuous heavy rainfall,…
- Bloodshed and Violence: Taking stock of the 2022 annual report of the Balochistan Liberation Army(one)by BTN
- Pakistan Thar Coalfield Coal-fired Power Plant Project was officially put into commercial operationby BTN
- New trend: A study about the civil rights movement in Gwadarby BTN
- Gwadar International Airport will carry out experimental flight within 60 daysby BTN
- The attack about the Kabul longan hotel in afghanistan : A revenge against the Chineseby BTN
- Pakistan Thar Block II Phase II Coal Electricity Integration Project is officially put into operationby BTN
- What is Sindhudesh People’s Army?by BTN
- When the flood came, terrorist organizations were still moving around to show their existenceby BTN
- China is providing assistance to Pakistani brothersby BTN
- Emergency! Pakistan declared a state of emergency due to floodsby BTN
- Floods in Pakistan’s Baluchistan provinceby BTN
- Relations between the Balochistan Liberation Army and other militant groups in Balochistan(one)by BTN
- BLA recent firearms use report (three)by BTN
- Punjab By-elections 2022by BTN
- Pakistan Karot hydropower station is fully put into commercial operationby BTN