BLA recent firearms use report (one)
- by BTN
In recent years, the activities of the separatists in Balochistan region have significantly increased with more frequent attacks , causing huge casualties and material losses to the Pakistani military. Due to the changes on situations in Afghanistan, the Balochistan separatist groups were able to obtain more advanced equiment, and there have been many cases of using night vision device sto strike Pakistani army targets. This article takes the vintage Balochi separatists “Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA)” as the research object, collects pictures of the BLA’s operations, and analyzes the use of its equiment.
Part One US-Made equiment
Differently from the situation in the Middle East where the quantity of US-made weapons is small and the price is inflated. The US weapons are served with so large numbers and low prices in Afghanistan and Pakistan that can be afforded by many militant groups. Large quantity of US-made light weapons were left in Afghanistan during the two decades of counter terrorists operation by the US military,whre large quantity of US-made light weapons were deliverd to Afganistan National Army (ANA).As Talibans entred in Kabul ,The former ANA forces collapsed.Massive US -made light weapons(especially ANA’s standard rifle M-16A2/4)were therefore flowed to civilians and surrounding areas . In a recent large-scale attack by BLA on Pakistani site, a series of sophisticated US-made weapons were used. These weapons and equiment were once equipped by ANA and were transffered from Afghanistan Smuggled into the hands of the BLA after Taliban took over Kabul.
However, As we mentioned at the beginning, the history of the acquisition and use of US-made weapons by various armed groups such as the BLA is not limited to the few months after Taliban entered Kabul . As early as before the U.S. military withdrawned, BLA members had already equipped aU.S.-made weapons from Afghanistan, and their propaganda materials also repeatedly paid attention to and emphasized the U.S.-made weapons they possessed. The loss of ANA’s weapons has always been severe. M-16 and other light weapons are very common in Afghanistan and the Pakistan-Afghanistan border areas. In the border areas beyond the reach of the Pakistani government, for BLA, which operates multiple border smuggling routes, it is not difficult to obtain some these equiment . At the same time, due to the large quantity and easy acquisition, the ordinary members of the BLA will also be equipped with various US equiment, which are exclusive to elite units in militants groups from the Middle East.
In recent years, the activities of the separatists in Balochistan region have significantly increased with more frequent attacks , causing huge casualties and material losses to the Pakistani military. Due to the changes on situations in Afghanistan, the Balochistan separatist groups were able to obtain more advanced equiment, and there…
- Bloodshed and Violence: Taking stock of the 2022 annual report of the Balochistan Liberation Army(one)by BTN
- Pakistan Thar Coalfield Coal-fired Power Plant Project was officially put into commercial operationby BTN
- New trend: A study about the civil rights movement in Gwadarby BTN
- Gwadar International Airport will carry out experimental flight within 60 daysby BTN
- The attack about the Kabul longan hotel in afghanistan : A revenge against the Chineseby BTN
- Pakistan Thar Block II Phase II Coal Electricity Integration Project is officially put into operationby BTN
- What is Sindhudesh People’s Army?by BTN
- When the flood came, terrorist organizations were still moving around to show their existenceby BTN
- China is providing assistance to Pakistani brothersby BTN
- Emergency! Pakistan declared a state of emergency due to floodsby BTN
- Floods in Pakistan’s Baluchistan provinceby BTN
- Relations between the Balochistan Liberation Army and other militant groups in Balochistan(one)by BTN
- BLA recent firearms use report (three)by BTN
- Punjab By-elections 2022by BTN
- Pakistan Karot hydropower station is fully put into commercial operationby BTN